Credit card declined
We know how frustrating this can be! So let's go over this together. There are a number of reasons why your payment with a credit card may not go through:
- There was an error in inputting your credit card information
- Credit limit is reached / credit is insufficient on your account
- The card may be expired or not yet activated for online purchases
- The credit card provider may have put restrictions on the card (which they sometimes do for online foreign transactions)
- Web browser cookies
To overcome any of these challenges please follow these steps:
- Try using a different browser to make the purchase. 9/10 times an incognito browser works. Try opening an incognito/private browser on your web browser and try purchasing there instead.
- Double check the credit card information you enter in the checkout page to make 100% sure it's correct. Pay extra attention to: Credit card number, Expiration date & CVV number.
- Check your credit balance/bank statement if you have enough money to make the transaction.
- The above steps don't work? Please contact your bank/credit card provider to verify if there are any issues with your card.
- If even your bank cannot help and you think there might be something wrong with our checkout, please contact our Customer Support and we'll get back to you as soon as possible! (Note: please add as much information as possible explaining the situation. Screenshots are extremely helpful.)
Your PayPal payment was declined?
There could be several different reasons why you're seeing an error message or why your payment won't go through.
If your debit or credit card was declined, check to see if:
Your card has expired or out of date—if the card you have on file doesn’t have your current billing address or is expired it will be declined. You can update your card information in your PayPal account.
You need to confirm your card—your card may need to go through a confirmation process. Please note if there’s no “confirm credit card” link on your card details page within your PayPal Wallet, you don’t need to complete this step.
Your card company or bank has more information—if the above steps don’t solve the issue, you can call your credit card company to identify the problem. To protect your privacy, your debit or credit card company or card issuer doesn't tell PayPal why your card was declined. If you can still use your card, please try your transaction again.
If your payment won’t process with your bank account or you’re still having problems with your card, try:
- Changing your payment method at checkout. If you only have one payment method linked to your PayPal account, you’ll need to add another payment method before you can do this. You can add a credit or debit card or add your bank account. Both options are quick and easy and will give you more flexibility at checkout.
- Confirming your recipient’s email address or phone number is entered correctly. Make sure the recipient has finished registering for their PayPal account by confirming their information. A payment will fail if they haven’t completed this process.
Are you trying to pay with Paypal Balance?
Please note that we do not accept Paypal Balance payments.
Not sure if the payment went through?
Whenever you're not sure if the payment did go through, please check your bank statement. If you don't see a recent transaction to Mindvalley on your online banking statement - this means you were not charged.
If you did not get a successful transaction message or any email from us with information about the program you have just purchased, it means:
- Either that the email address that you filled up in the payment form is misspelled. Read more on what to do in that case here.
- Or that the payment couldn’t be processed and did not go through so you have not been charged. This also means that you don't have access to your program yet.
Error 500 - order processing
If you're encountering this error, most likely, our payment system is down right now. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.
Before you try to purchase again,
- Check if you were not charged on your bank statement
- Clear your cookies and cache in your browser
- Try to repeat the transaction after 24 hours
If you still see the same error, you can contact our Customer Support. Tell us more about:
- What was the error message you saw? (Screenshots give bonus points!)
- What steps have you already taken?
- What device are you using (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.)? Which brand and model?
- What operating system are you using? What internet browser are you using to login? That's all! We'll be sure to assist you in any situation.
If you have a payment plan or subscription & we are unable to charge you
If you have a subscription or a payment plan and we are unable to charge your credit card or Paypal account for any reason, our system will re-attempt to charge your account or card multiple times on consecutive days. You will also receive notifications to your email address if the attempts were not successful. When the last attempt by our payment system to charge you is unsuccessful, access to your subscription or program will be removed.
- If you have a subscription and would like to resubscribe to the service, please simply purchase the subscription again.
- If you have a payment plan and your final payment is declined by our system or your program access is removed, please contact our customer support by clicking the support widget at the bottom right corner of the page. Please describe the situation and our agents will get back to you soon with a solution.